Once more, he who is absent is always wrong. The Saints Patrons day took place in a very good atmosphere.
A day of remembrance, to remember, all together, our deceased members, these who are currently hospitalized or sufferings at home.
A very nice mass organized by Marie Hetzel, and given by father Loïc Jaouanet, priest of Déols, animated by the members Sainte Marie de Déols choir, under Odile Gilbert’s direction, in presence of 14 flag carriers and about fifty members.
This mass was, for the first time, followed by a ceremony of remembrance organized by Bruno Duteil, our vice-president, in front of the “la maison départementale de la mémoire militaire” stelae, a raising of flags, wreath layings then a singing of the national anthem (“La Marseillaise”) by all the participants.
A light cocktail, organized by Roland de Vassoigne, our treasurer, and Martial Chamblanc, our chef, concluded this day of remembrance.
“Les Amis de La Martinerie” thank for their presence:
- Mme Florence PETIPEZ, Vice-President of the Departmental Council and Deputy Mayor of Châteauroux Métropole, representing Marc Fleuret president of the Departmental Council and Gil Avérous mayor of Châteauroux Métropole.
- Mme Delphine GENESTE mayor of Déols
- General (2s) Jean-Charles Bourrier, president of the “Société de la section de l’Indre des membres de La Légion d’honneur”
- Colonel Fabrice BEUROIS, Commandant of the Châteauroux 12ème BSMAT
- Lt Colonel Frédéric DRAPEAU Departmental Military Delegate
- Mr Bertrand GIRAUD president of the “Union Départementale des Médaillés Militaires”
- Mme Françoise LAVENU former president of the AECBA
- Mr VERRHIEST and Mr Philippe DEVAUX representing Christian BARON mayor of Diors, who could not make it that day.
“Les Amis de La Martinerie” would like to thank also Didier Thiery, who despite not being present, was able to mobilize his flag bearers, always available and smiling, and also the members of the Sainte Marie de Déols choir for the quality of their performance and finally, J.François SINAULT for his musical performance at the beginning of the religious ceremony.
We also don’t want to forget the association volunteers for the preparation of the ceremony and the friendship drink.
The visit of the premises during the friendship drink allowed the members of the association to see the progress done and to appreciate the work of the volunteers of the association.
It is noteworthy that our next group activities will be our bbq day on Saturday, July 2nd, in the association premises, and a field day on Saturday, September 3rd, in a place to be determined.
All the photos will be available soon on the association's website.
Click on images to enlarge
Photo Credits: Guylène Découx – Marie Hetzel et Jean-Jacques Bérenguier